I use a ‘LIBIB’ page as my library. For those interested, here is my reading process for philosophy and academic essays: —
- I read the book as one would normally but also highlight any key passages or lines that are important to understanding the point of the text.
- Once I have finished reading the book, I skim over my highlighted parts from cover to cover.
- I consult a secondary text (if I can find a good one) and have a general, relaxed read of its introduction.
- I highlight and underline the necessary points of the text, using the secondary text as a guide.
- Record these underlined sections in my physical notebook.